Monday, May 5, 2014

Holiday Fusible Applique'



Even though it's only May....it's a great time to plan your Christmas quilt projects.  Last year I made a really great quilt top, which I sold at Christmas Jul just days after I made it.  It was a super sweet Flimsy.  This year, I am making another one, and while I have the pattern drawn on the fusible web, I haven't picked out the fabrics yet.  I love the red and white, but I don't have some of these fabrics this year.  I am thinking about going with a blue and silver colorway, but I love the red and white too.  Maybe I should do two.  I will post what I do, so check back.

I used a combination of woven cotton and batik cottons to make this quilt.  Both fabrics work for fusible appliqué.



The pattern comes from this wonderful book by Cheryl Almgren Taylor.
  










Linking To:
Sweet Sharing Monday Made By You Mondays Sunday Showcase Party #243 Nifty Thrifty Sunday#154, A Round Tuit 204, Teacher Appreciation Ideas Block Party Inspiration Monday Party Monday Funday Anything Goes Monday Much Ado About Monday #58 Too Cute Tuesday Linky Party #186 Take A Look Tuesday Share It Link Party #113 Turn It Up Tuesday #33

2 comments:

  1. You are so smart to work on that quilt this time of year! I have a Christmas quilt that I haven't finished for over three years now, because I only get in the mood to work on it in November and never finish because I get too busy with the holidays. Thanks for linking up while I hosted Anything Goes Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather. I think we are all inspired to do Christmas crafts in November;) I have a Christmas craft store so I work on things all year. I admit, I have a few Christmas UFO's too. Thank you taking time to visit.
      Kathi

      Delete